Take Action for Farm Animals
Thank you for wanting to spread the word about the Certified Humane Raised and Handled® program and the standards of care for farm animals in food production.
Consumer demand for humanely-raised food drives this program. Because of committed people like you, Humane Farm Animal Care has made enormous progress for farm animal welfare and, as a result, we are seeing more and more farmers join the Certified Humane® program every day.
If you want to help, this digital volunteer packet will get you started.
- Read The Certified Humane® Guide to Helping Farm Animals.
This 8-page guide provides information on how the program got started, how it works, who writes the standards and handles the inspections, and the simple things you can do to make a difference for farm animals.
- Shop for Certified Humane® products.
Download our free app or visit our Where to Buy page to find a store near you that sells Certified Humane products.
- Ask Grocers to carry Certified Humane® products.
Don’t know what to say to grocers? We do! Download these sample letters to take to your grocery store manager, egg buyer, or meat and chicken buyer.
Grocer Request Letter – Use this letter to request Certified Humane® products in your store.
Grocery Petition Form – Is one letter not enough to motivate your store? There is strength in numbers. Ask your friends to sign a petition to request Certified Humane® products.
- Thank grocers when they offer Certified Humane® products! Use this Grocer Thank You Letter to thank your grocery store when they listen to you and carry Certified Humane® products. It’s important for them to know that you appreciate their efforts to meet consumer requests.
- Stay informed. Sign up for our email news updates (upper right corner of this page) to stay updated on our progress.
- Volunteer your time by educating your family and friends. Share this page and help them get started towards more conscious-eating.
- Encourage your favorite food brands to become Certified Humane® and to use only Certified Humane Raised and Handled® ingredients in their products. Look on the product packaging for the company’s website or mailing address.
- Make a donation on our secure site to help us reach more farmers and consumers, so we can help more farm animals. Whether it’s a one-time gift or a monthly gift, every little bit helps.
- Set up a fundraiser on your Facebook page. When you visit Humane Farm Animal Care’s Facebook page, look in the far left hand column and click the word “Fundraiser.” Then click “Raise Money” and it will walk you through the steps of setting up a fundraising campaign for Humane Farm Animal Care.
- Designate us as your charity when you shop on Amazon. Go to AmazonSmile and designate Humane Farm Animal Care as your charity. It’s same as shopping on Amazon, except o.5% of your purchases go to Humane Farm Animal Care. It all adds up to helping farm animals.
We would love to hear about your successes and challenges, from talking to grocery store managers about carrying Certified Humane® products to showing us some of the Certified Humane® products that are in your store.
Please let us know how you are doing by:
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sending a message or posting a message on our Facebook page.
- Sending us a message via Twitter.
Thank you for joining this movement and helping to create a more humane world for farm animals!