A Label You Can Trust
- MSNBC.com’s “ConsumerMan”
You’ve seen the stories. Chickens packed so tightly into cages that they can’t flap their wings. Pigs are in stalls so tiny that they’re unable to even turnaround. Animals are ingesting a steady diet of antibiotics to prevent disease.
Fortunately, You Can Choose a Humane Alternative.
When you buy products with the Certified Humane® label, you’re assured that these products come from animals raised to stringent Animal Care Standards.
Certified Humane® standards allow the animals to express their natural behaviors. Chickens can dust-bathe, pigs can root, cows can graze, and all farm animals are able to live their lives with the space, shelter, nutrition and the care they need.
In addition, the program does not allow feeding a diet of antibiotics or using hormones of any sort.
You Can Be Confident in the Certified Humane® Label
- Conducts annual producer inspections by an independent nonprofit;
- Requires producers to meet all animal care standards in order to achieve certification;
- Is backed by the leading national, local and regional humane organizations;
- Has been recognized because the founder was awarded both the Purpose Prize and was elected an Ashoka Fellow for the creation of Humane Farm Animal Care and the Certified Humane® program.
Vote with Your Wallet
- You can make a difference for food, animals and farming today. Use the links at left to learn more about where to buy Certified Humane® products and how to help.